Talk Therapy With Vera
Area of Support
Depression is the experience of feeling sad and “down” for an extended period, to the point of feeling hopeless, helpless and worthless. Depression can interfere with everything, including school, family, and relationships.
Common symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Symptoms must last at least two weeks for a diagnosis of depression.
Whether you are clinically depressed or experiencing sorrow in response to life experience, you need support. I can provide encouragement, skilled and empathetic listening, and you will be able to overcome negative patterns and distortions.
Offering private 50-minute counselling sessions in my Toronto office.
Offering 50-minute secure video/phone counselling sessions due to COVID-19.